Present Simple: TO BE

  Singular:

1. I AM

2. You ARE

3. He, She, It IS


Plural:

1. We ARE

2. You ARE

3. They ARE


Glagol TO BE u prezentu koristimo u oblicima AM, IS ili ARE, u zavisnosti od lica.

Upitni oblik se gradi inverzijom, tako što zamenimo mesta subjektu u rečenici i predikatu:

You are my best friend.
Are you my best friend?

Odrični oblik se gradi tako što dodamo not: AM NOT, ARE NOT, IS NOT; ili skraćeno:

I'M NOT

ISN'T

AREN'T

I'm not short.

You aren't tall.




Exercises:

Fill in the blanks with AM, IS, ARE:

1. She         pretty.
2. We        students.
3. You        great friend.
4. My sister           good at math.
5. Me and my friend            at school.
6. You and your mother              at home.
7. I          at the bookstore.


Question form:

1.          you with your mother?
2.          my brother smart?
3.          they already in the pool?
4.          Jane on TV?
5.          you, your friend and your sister at home?


Negative form:

1. I           bad student.
2. He        a basketball player.
3. They        at the cinema.
4. Me and my friends            on the beach.
5. Sam and Lucy           with us.






Коментари

Популарни постови са овог блога

Business English: Fudbalski izrazi u poslovnoj komunikaciji

Present Simple & Continuous: exercise

Phrasal verbs: exercises 2