Mixed Tenses Exercise




When I           (to be) a child, I            (spend) my summer holiday at my grandparent's house on the Costa Brava. In those days, about thirty years ago, there         (be) no tourists there. I       (love) to go to the fish market with my grandmother. 




I             (not, be) there for a very long time, but I                  (still remember) everything.

I             (only, be) there once since I was a child. Last month, my husband and I were driving down the coast one day, and we         (decide) to make a detour to see Costa Brava. When we        (reach) my grandparent's old house, I hardly          (recognise) it. At one time, it      (stand) alone about a kilometre from the centre of the village, but now, it is sandwiched between two hotels. 

I         (not, like) that place anymore. It            (always, stay) in my mind as it      (be) when I     (be) a child.

Коментари

Популарни постови са овог блога

Business English: Fudbalski izrazi u poslovnoj komunikaciji

Present Simple & Continuous: exercise

Phrasal verbs: exercises 2